The Master of Divinity (Online) programme enables university graduates to obtain comprehensive theological knowledge and develop competencies for ministry. The degree both prepares students for Christian ministry and taking up leadership roles in the church.
- Entry Requirements
The entry requirements are as for the MA (Online).
- Period of Study
SAIACS Online MDiv can be completed within a period of 3 – 6 years. An additional year may be granted with an extension fee. At the end of 7 years, the registration will expire, and the candidate will have to register again for the programme.
Courses No Of Modules Total Credits Phase 1 Same as MA (TS-Online) 60 Phase 2 9 modules
(3 credits each)
27 Ministry Practicum 3 Total 90
- Completion Requirements
- In Phase 1 foundational modules are offered from across the departments similar to MA (TS-Online).
- In Phase 2 the modules will be offered from across the 28 SAIACS PROSPECTUS 2023-24 four departments, namely, Biblical Studies, Practical Theology, Christian Theology and, Intercultural and Religious Studies if the student registers for MDiv (General). Alternatively, the student may choose one of the four departments making this a specialized MDiv in the chosen discipline.
- In addition to meeting all the requirements of the MA (TS) programme, the student will take Ministry Practicum during the course.
- The student must earn a minimum of 90 credits which include the formation and practicum modules.
- JANUARY (last date for applying, November 30)
- JUNE (last date for applying, March 31)
- OCTOBER (last date for applying, August 31)