Thank you for your interest in SAIACS. We are delighted that you are ready to pursue a place here. SAIACS desires to have a life-changing impact upon its students by providing training that goes beyond classroom lectures. You can apply for any degree program immediately using the online application.
The application process and admission decision will take almost six months to complete, so start the process now and send in your completed application along with the supporting documents.
SAIACS will accept only those whose requisite theological degrees are from colleges or seminaries accredited by the Asia Theological Association (ATA), or affiliated to the Senate of Serampore College or other institutions recognized by the ATA. In other cases, applicants may be required to take additional qualifying examinations.
The application processing and prospectus fee is Rs. 2000.00. Applicants will receive the prospectus by post. All payment should be done by electronic bank transfer.
Below are the bank details:
A/C Name: South Asia Institute of Advanced Christian Studies (SAIACS) Savings Bank Account Number: 10416345699
Bank Name: State Bank of India
Branch: Residency Road Branch, Bangalore
IFS Code: SBIN0008598
No. 41, Ground Floor, Residency Road,
The SAIACS Admissions Committee will not normally consider interviewing an applicant until the following have been received:
- All required fields in the online application form must be duly filled in.
- One copy of a passport-size colour photograph of the applicant (less than 3 months old) must be uploaded with the online application form.
- Scanned copies of all academic records (i.e., certificates, mark sheets, transcripts) must be uploaded in the online application form. Note that the Academic Office will verify all originals at the time of the entrance exam and all originals will be lodged with the Academic Office at the time of registration. For any clarification, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application for Christian Leader Scholarship Form must be downloaded and filled in, and a scanned copy must be uploaded in the application form (for South Asian applicants only)
- Sponsor’s Financial Commitment form, after referring to the fee structure, must be downloaded and filled in, and a scanned copy must be uploaded on the application form.
- A letter of recommendation from the applicant’s sending church, ministry, or educational institution indicating their supportiveness for the application and including a statement regarding the future possible role of the applicant with the sending body once the studies at SAIACS are completed. The letter must also indicate that the student will be accountable to the sponsoring body for the duration of his/her studies at SAIACS.
- Medical Certificate form for the applicant must be downloaded and filled by a qualified medical practitioner, and a scanned copy must be uploaded on the application form.
- If married, a Medical Certificate form for the applicant’s spouse if he/she plans to reside in SAIACS for the duration of the programme, must be downloaded and filled by a qualified medical practitioner, and a scanned copy must be uploaded on the application form.
- The applicant must enter the email addresses of their referees and click on the “Send Email” button on the application form. The referees will receive a link to the reference form, and after they complete the form, the Academic Office will receive a copy.
- SAIACS requires entrance examinations and a personal interview with all applicants before deciding on admission. An invitation to an interview is not a guarantee of admission.
- Applicants who have graduated from a non-ATA institution and those from an ATA institution but with a minimum grade will need to take qualifying examinations.
- A nominal fee will be collected from the applicants for qualifying examination on the admission days.
English Language Requirements
Like an IELTS exam, the SAIACS English exam will test writing and reading. Speaking and listening will be assessed in the interview. The entry requirement is achievement in the SAIACS English exam of the following grade:
PhD programmes 7.0
DMin and Masters programmes 6.0
Alternatively, applicants may produce an IELTS or TOEFL certificate of the equivalent grade. Applicants are advised that they need to take the English examination very seriously and prepare for it thoroughly. For some this will mean months of work prior to the entrance examination.
For resources for English preparation, applicants may look up the website of the IELTS in India, where they will find many resources advertised. Applicants should choose resources that will address their own known weaknesses.
Applicants for Masters programmes who nearly meet the required standard may receive a conditional offer granting them admission subject to successful completion of the English Enhancement programme. This is a four-week online module and entails an additional fee.
Typing and computer skills are an absolute necessity at SAIACS. Students must obtain these skills in advance.
Offer of Admission
The SAIACS Admissions Committee meets after the Admission Week. Applicants will be contacted regarding their selection (or non-selection) for a place at SAIACS, the nature of accommodation available for them, and any other conditions related to the offer.
Confirmation of Admission
Those offered a place at SAIACS must confirm their acceptance in writing, including their initial down payment of 1/3 of the fee by the specified date. Unless these conditions are met, the applicant’s admission place may be given to another applicant on the waiting list.