The MA (Th) programme is recognized by the University of Mysore. The option to register for MA (Th) can be exercised after admission to SAIACS.
- Entry Requirements
- A university bachelor’s degree, second class (minimum 50%; B average) or equivalent, or
- BTh Degree, with at least second class (minimum 50%; B average) or equivalent, awarded by seminaries, theological institutions and institutes of advanced Christian religious studies in India and abroad recognized by the Asia Theological Association, the Senate of Serampore College and Pontifical Institutes, major seminaries and theological institutes under the jurisdiction of the Catholic Bishops Conference of India (CBCI)/Conference of Catholic Bishops in India (CCBI), and theological institutions accredited by accrediting agencies recognized by International Council of Evangelical Theological Education (ICETE).
- An applicant whose degree is not included above may apply through the Academic Dean for equivalence granted by the University of Mysore (UOM).
- Period of Study
MA (Th) is a two-year, full-time residential programme.
As shown below, the programme is worth 69 credits.
Regular Modules (18 x 3) 54 credits Regular Modules (18 x 3) 54 credits Spiritual Formation 1 and 2 6 credits Spiritual Formation 1 and 2 6 credits Ministry Formation 1 and 2 6 credits Ministry Formation 1 and 2 6 credits Ministry Practicum 1 3 credits Ministry Practicum 1 3 credits Exams following each Semester Required Credits for Graduation 69 credits Required Credits for Graduation 69 credits
- Completion Requirements
- SAIACS requires all MA (Th) students to take courses offered for MA (TS).
- For credits earned over the beyond the requirements of UoM, the student will be awarded an Add-On Certificate besides the MA (Th) degree.