The MA (Th) programme is recognized by the University of Mysore. The option to register for MA (Th) can be exercised after admission to SAIACS.
- A university Bachelor’s Degree, second class (minimum 50 percent; B average) or equivalent, or
- BTh Degree, with at least second class (minimum 50 percent; B average) or equivalent, awarded by seminaries, theological institutions, and institutes of advanced Christian religious studies in India and abroad recognized by the Asia Theological Association (ATA), the Senate of Serampore College and Pontifical Institutes, major seminaries and theological institutes under the jurisdiction of the Catholic Bishops Conference of India (CBCI)/ Conference of Catholic Bishops in India (CCBI), and theological institutions accredited by accrediting agencies recognized by International Council of Evangelical Theological Education (ICETE).
- An applicant whose degree is not included above may apply through the Academic Dean for equivalence granted by the University of Mysore (UoM).
- Period of Study
MA (Th) is a two-year, full-time residential programme.
- Completion Requirements
- The student must earn 76 credits for the award of MA (Th). However, SAIACS requires all MA (Th) students to take Context-Based Learning (CBL), and other ministry-related and character formation courses. These add up to 20 credits in addition to the basic 76 credits.
- For credits earned over the basic 76 credits, the student will be awarded an Add-On Certificate besides the MA (Th) degree.
As shown below, the programme is worth 86 credits.
MA (Th) Required number of Modules 18 Credits per Module 66 credits Reformative and Integrative Formation 2 credits CBL I and II and a Major Project 14 credits Required Soft Core Course 4 credits Exams following each Semester Required Credits for Graduation 86 credits