- Programme Overview
The Master of Divinity programme enables university graduates to obtain comprehensive theological knowledge, gain ministry skills, and specialize in a chosen discipline. Thus, the degree both prepares students for Christian ministry and qualifies them to teach at graduate (BTh) level. An MDiv fulfils the entry requirements of the Asia Theological Association for MTh.
MDiv is offered in four specializations: Biblical Studies; Theology; Practical Theology; Intercultural and Religious Studies.
- Entry Requirements
The entry requirements are as for the MA.
- Period of Study
MDiv is a three-year full-time residential programme. MDiv in the PTC department includes internships, one of which is a 3-month period at a hospital. Internships will entail additional fees and travel costs.
Year 1 Same as MA
Year 2 Same as MA in addition to Ministry Practicum – 2
Year 3 9 modules (3 credits each)
Spiritual Formation – 3 (3 credits)
Ministry Formation – 3 (3 credits)
- Completion Requirements
- Year 1 offers foundational modules from across the departments and is the same as Year 1 of the Integrated MTh.
- In Year 2 the modules will be offered from across the four departments, namely, Biblical Studies, Practical Theology, Theology and, Intercultural and Religious Studies.
- In Year 3, the student chooses one of the four departments above and follows Year 2 of the Integrated MTh, making this the MDiv year.
- The student will take Ministry Formation 1 (in MDiv Year 1); Ministry Practicum 1 (end of MDiv Year 1); Ministry Formation 2 (MDiv Year 2); Ministry Practicum 2 (end of MDiv Year 2); Spiritual Formation (MDiv Year 3) and Ministry Formation (MDiv Year 3).
- The student must earn 105 credits which include the formation and practicum modules.