The Master of Divinity programme enables university graduates to obtain comprehensive theological knowledge, gain ministry skills, and specialize in a chosen discipline. Thus, the degree both prepares students for Christian ministry and qualifies them to teach at graduate (BTh) level. An MDiv fulfils the entry requirements of the Asia Theological Association for MTh.
MDiv is offered in four specializations: Biblical Studies; Theology; Practical Theology; Intercultural and Religious Studies.
The entry requirements are as for the MA.
- Period of Study
MDiv is a three-year full-time residential programme. MDiv in the PTC department includes internships, one of which is a 3-month period at a hospital. Internships will entail additional fees and travel costs.
- Completion Requirements
- Yr 1 offers foundational modules from across the departments, and is the same as Year 1 of the Integrated MTh.
- In Yr 2 the students chooses modules across the four departments, namely, Biblical Studies, Practical Theology, Theology and, Intercultural and Religious Studies.
- In Yr 3, the student chooses one of the four departments above and follows Year 2 of the Integrated MTh, making this the MDiv year.
- The student will take CBL 1 (in MDiv Year 1); Internship 1 (end of MDiv Year 1); CBL 2 (MDiv Year 2); Internship (end of MDiv Year 2); Weekend Ministry (MDiv Year 2).
- The student must earn 126 credits by completing modules and the three types of ministry-related programmes above.
Year Components Credits Years 1 and 2 86 Year 3 9 modules (4 cr each) 36 Weekend Ministry (4 cr) TOTAL CREDITS 126