Master of Arts in Theological Studies, MA (TS)
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree or BTh with a minimum B grade average or equivalent.
- A BTh degree holder with minimum A- grade average from an accredited institute may apply for lateral entry; that is, to join MA (TS) second year and graduate with a MA (TS) in one year, after the completion of nine modules and Context Based Learning requirements.
- Applicants whose BTh is from a non-ATA/ SSC college but have a minimum B grade average and applicants from ATA colleges with a minimum B- grade average should write the Qualifying Examinations conducted by SAIACS. These are conducted prior to the Entrance Examinations.
- The credits, credit hours and courses of BTh applicants from non-ATA/SSC colleges will be
Special Admission to MA (TS/ML)
Exemption from the normal entry requirements may be granted by the Admissions Committee in the case of applicants who have significant experience in Christian ministry, and come with a very high written recommendation from their sending organisation or church, and who are proficient in English. Special admission in any year is limited to 10% of the MA (TS) student intake.
Period of Study
MA (TS) is a two-year full time residential programme. In exceptional circumstances, permission may be granted for an extension up to three years, with extension fee.
As shown in the table above, the programme is worth 86 credits.
- The student must earn 86 credits by completing modules and satisfying the requirements of Context Based Learning.
- Should the performance of the student not be satisfactory, the student may be asked to graduate with a Postgraduate Diploma in Theological Studies at the end of the first year.